Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What A Long, Strange Trip It's Been

Wow, I cannot believe its been since April that I last blogged. I guess time flies when you are having fun. Back in June 2008 I had an MRI done and discovered I had a brain tumor along the lower, left part of my brain. Well that explains the dizziness, nausea and vomiting better than simple vertigo ever did. I made peace with God, said my "goodbyes" and two days later they were cutting the tumor out of my head.

I spent about three weeks in the ICU, which was way to long if you ask me, but they wanted the pressure on my head to equalize. I eventually had to have a VP Shunt put in to equalize it. It runs from the top of my head and drains excess 'brain-juice' on my stomach. During this time I also discovered that I had a lung tumor going on and it was the culprit that caused the brain tumor.

Lots of radiation and chemotherapy has seemed to work and I am glad to say that the lung cancer is in remission and I think they got all the brain tumor on the first try. I may not talk nice or walk nice but I'm still here and in the end that is all that matters.

Did I mention I finally got service on my Nokia n95 phone. . .

If you're one of the curious or macarbe here is a video of me in the hospital

No comments: